On the 8th we headed out for Ouray, Colorado. Sean and our brother-in-law have been planning this short little diddy for about a year now. We stayed at the KOA in our trailer and my bro.-in-law and sis.-in-law were smart and rented a cabin a few blocks down the road. Friday night Jack came down with a cold and we both probably got about 2 hours of sleep, poor little munchkin. Poor me too! It rained all night both nights. Sat. we got up bright and early and headed out to the mountains to do some off road trails (the reason for the whole trip). We did Black Bear Pass, which was so totally amazing, we drove over the mountain and dropped down into Telluride, I was so glad for the rain all night because I'm sure it made the waterfalls as amazing as they were, there were probably about 8 falls we drove by or through. Then we did Imogene Pass, it wasn't my favorite sights, but we were driving through the clouds which was super cool. Sean had a blast, he was totally in his element. Just get him on a really bumpy and steep dirt road and he's a happy camper! My camera battery died 1/2 way through the first trail, bummer.
Jack's birthday was on Sunday, so he sat in his car seat for 6 hours driving home... sick. Poor boy. We still haven't made him a cake and taken 1 yr pictures, we will as soon as he doesn't have snot running down his face.
This is the tiny town of Ouray, CO.

Connor and his cousin checking out the town from above.

There were a ton of bikers, I guess it's a big place to train for the tour de France.

The clouds over the point of the mountain.

Connor was really excited about this off roading trip! I don't know how they sleep on those bumpy roads.

Black Bear Pass

The wild flowers were so beautiful, I took way too many pictures of them.

Me and my schweetie.

Our cute little neice, I know it's only her back, but I liked this picture.

I made Sean stop so I could jump out and throw snow balls.

Victory Dance. My legs really didn't disappear, they just blend in with the snow.

Sean's sister and her family and our little family, Jack was interested in something else.

Sean's sister and two of hers, so cute!

We had a great time in Colorado! I'm so glad that we were able to go.
19 comments:
That looks so pretty!!! I love camping and just having fun in the mountains. That is my one spot that I can just totally relax in.
Your trip looked amazing. You will have to tell me more about when you come VT.
What great pictures! That is so sad your battery died, I hate when stuff like that happens. Beautiful place...I am going to have to add it to my list of places to see!
P.S. I love your blog background!!! Can I ask you how you get the non-moving background? (you are so great to put up with me and all my questions)
P.P.S. I loved, loved, loved Breaking Dawn. So sad it is over. Let me know if you pick-up any other great reads.
Nice trip! That looks awesome. I guess they do some big run on the Imogene pass (or whatever it's called) Harmer has ran it before. It was amazingly beautiful. Sorry little jack is sick I hope the two of you are getting more sleep now.
those pictures are beautiful! oh my, let's move there :D you are coming tomorow, it is part of my birthday gift to you, it is settled then.
Love the pictures! This place looks awesome! I need to be more open minded too camping.
Teri! what a blast! I loved the pictures. I love your fun self. In the snow in sandals, and huggin' with your shweet one! Bunch of spoiled brats you all have LAND ROVERS! In your pictures I forgot how tall you are!
I want to be there sooo bad!! It looks amazing and relaxing and sort of scary (the 4-wheel/off road stuff). FUN!
Bryan's family has a cabin near there. It's so pretty there! Love all the pics...especially the snow. My family spent every weekend in the winter skiing in Telluride! Love that place! P.S. Did I miss your birthday?
You are a delight, so full of fun.
Sandals in the snow? Cute.
You are a delight, so full of fun.
Sandals in the snow? Cute.
You are a delight, so full of fun.
Sandals in the snow? Cute.
Your pictures are so cute! I LOVE the one of your niece's back, and you and Sean. And on my gosh, Connor is getting too big! I need a visit right away!
Great pictures, My fav was the clouds seeming to rest on the top of the mountain.
Great blog!
Teri...I just had to say that Sean's talk was so good today! I loved it! I'm actually considering not being so lazy and making a 72 hr kit...wierd...inspiring! Loved it! Wish you would have had a turn too! :)
::POKE:: Where are you??
::tickle tickle:: Come out Teri!
Can you come play??::
Lou,
You have gotten very lazy in your blogging. Seriously, it makes me sad. Man-up and write something already!
We must come with you next time you do this! Ouray, CO is B E A U tiful! Conner was zonked out! How darn cute!
Post a Comment