Our poor little Jack has tonsillitis for the first time. We took him to the Dr. and turned his well baby check into a sick baby check. He had a temp of 104 this weekend and I had an appt already scheduled for Mon. morning. The Dr. took a look at his tonsils and said they were HUGE and one had white on it and diagnosed him with tonsillitis, thank heavens it's not swine flu, it would be our luck! Poor little booger talks funny cause his throat hurts. Today his temp got to 107, I called the Dr's office and they told me to get him to the ER. I drove to Timp Hosp and by the time we got to the parking lot, I took his temp again it was back down to the 103 range, I decided to just come home and give him a cool bath, my sweet Sean came home and helped me out and we got him cooled down, he seems okay for now. I hope I don't live to regret not taking him in.
In the last month my sweet mom's been in the hospital twice. She's had pancreatitis twice! I've heard it's super painful and seeing her in that much pain was so sad. The first time she was in the hospital they over medicated her with pain meds and killed her, they had to restart her heart with the padals, very scary. I'm glad that she's there and they are taking good care of her, she's having some minor problems with her heart now, but they are running more tests to make sure she's alright. My moms friend said that if my mom didn't have bad luck, she'd have no luck. I think I'd have to agree. I hope she feels better soon and can come home. I love her so much!
Today we celebrated Cinco de Mayo by going to Del Taco for lunch, I had a taco salad, yum!
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Hi Teri,
Nothing like finding out about someone else's worries to let me know my crazy life is pretty calm.
Sorry to read that your little one has tonsillitis and that your Mom is sick too. That stay in the hospital is scary. Oh my heck! Hope everything goes towards a good mend now.
Hold it all together up there--we'll remember you in our prayers.
XOXO
Cheryl
poor jack, i feel so bad for his throat! and you too,! Your mom has really had a go with it lately. You and your family are in our prayers.
Hey Amigo! Bummer about the little lamb being sick put wahoo that its not swine flu! Glad your mom is mostly better.
Well darn, sorry for Jack.
And darn it for your Mom, we kinda like her also.
Hope everyone gets well and stays that way.
Hugs
hehe...i wore red, w hite and blue scrubs to work in celebration of cinco de mayo...don't we live in Mexico? and chase's girl friend said they had mexican food for dinner and all spoke with mexican accents all night
Holy cow Teri!!! I can't believe baby Jack's fever was 107!! I would have freaked! Hope he is feeling better...and hope your mom gets better soon too! Call if you need anything!!
Poor Drews! It sounds like everyone has been sick and little Jackson's tonsilitis sounds terrible. I hope you are managing okay!!!
Teri, I hate to leave this news here for you, But once you read it would you delete it. I thought you might like to know.
Teri, it is good to hear from you. How are you doing?
Hey I wanted to let you know. If you remember Joy Neds??
from the view? Well, she was pregnant and sooo happy. She was finally having a baby girl.
Joy got an infection and the infection was really hurting the baby. They had to deliver the baby at 25 wks.
The baby didn't survive. They are having funeral services for Dharma Eileen on Saturday.
Her bishop was very callous and made them feel like they were dropping a bomb shell on him and what was he to do and they should
call the funeral home etc. HELLO, they had no idea what to do either. They called the RS pres and she said call the bishop.
Joy, is not sad but is in beautiful spirits and knows the plan of salvation etc. What a wonderful frame of mind to be.
services will be Saturday June 13th in the afternoon ( not sure time as of yet ) at the garner funeral home salt lake mausoleum.
The address is 1001 11th Ave SLC UT 84103 there number is 801- 363-7065
thanks, Chrys
Post a Comment