Thursday, December 9, 2010

Connor is 9!!!






Yesterday was Connor's 9th birthday!
He was so excited for his birthday, but couldn't decide what to do.
Two days before his birthday he told us he wanted to have a friend party, I told him that it is too late. So once again we just had a family party for him.

I wanted to do something fun for him to make his day memorable and fun. I posted a question on facebook what my friends do in their families to make their days special. I had some really great replies and I did some of them. (Chrys, I didn't do yours because I need more time to plan, but I'm going to next year!)



I decorated his bedroom door and the house while he was at school.
We beat a pinata to pieces (not really it wouldn't break open, so we had to tear it open).
Connor had his choice for dinner, he chose a pot pie.
Jack and Chloe picked out some presents for him.

He just couldn't wait to open his presents, they had been sitting out for a week. He had to wait for Dad to get home, so right when he got home he got the presents and asked to open them.
He was super happy to get an xbox live account and was even more happy when he found out he didn't need anything else to go with it, for it to work.

He was over the moon that he got the Halo Reach game that he's wanted since it came out, we are mean and made him wait for his birthday, he didn't know he was getting it.


Connor had 9 candles to blow out this year and Jack blew them out in one breath! We had to relight the candles so Connor could blow them out.

All in all it was a good day and Connor said it was his best birthday he's ever had! (he says that every year, but I love to hear it anyway.)



5 comments:

Nibarger said...

I can't believe that he is so old! I remember when I first met you guys and he was just a little tyke!!! They are all so cute!!!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Look at you! Back blogging, huh! You are such a great mom... finding all the fun ideas to make Connor have a special day! I am all for family birthdays. If it was up to me we would have them every year. I love his cake. I have used one of those cupcake molds and it didn't look half as good as yours. Guess I needed to grease it more so it wouldn't stick to the pan. Anywhooo hope you guys are having a FABULOUS Christmas season!!!

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh, happy birthday Connor. He's such a good boy. I LOVE the new family pic a the top of the blog. You have such a cute family!

tiki_lady said...

You are such a good mama! It's all about the memories! Now, for the older kids I send them on a scavenger hunt. I think Connor would love that for next year. It works with a friend party, too. Clues that lead to different clues around the house that rhyme. But girl, that looked like one rockin party you through for him. Sounds like some great presents too. Aden is 10, I'm going to have to ask him about those. Xbox halo sounds fun

tiki_lady said...

You are such a good mama! It's all about the memories! Now, for the older kids I send them on a scavenger hunt. I think Connor would love that for next year. It works with a friend party, too. Clues that lead to different clues around the house that rhyme. But girl, that looked like one rockin party you through for him. Sounds like some great presents too. Aden is 10, I'm going to have to ask him about those. Xbox halo sounds fun