Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting Pregnant...


I had a conversation with a friend of mine today, talking about a friend of hers trying to get pregers and can't. I felt like my story might be blog worthy if it could some how help someone else out. So if you know someone who is having the same kind of problem, let them know. I know I was pretty desperate and would have tried most anything.

When we decided to have another baby Connor was 1 1/2, I always wanted my kids 2 years apart, cause there is an 8 year gap between my next oldest sister and I. I always envied my friends who were close in age to their siblings. Things didn't quite turn out how I'd planned, of course. I got pregnant pretty quickly only to have a miscarriage, followed by 5 more. After my 6th miscarriage I didn't get pregnant for a year and a half. My health was really poor, it seemed that with every miscarriage I would get sicker and sicker, I always felt really crappy and had no energy, I had depression it was a huge bummer. I had tried progesterone therapy and clomid, which was horrible, it made me feel pregnant, I never was, but always thought maybe I could be! It was a really low time in my life, the hardest I've gone through yet, having a baby occupied almost my every thought. Finally, I'd pretty much given up on getting pregnant and wanted to just worry about getting me healthy. My mom had heard about these vitamins from USANA from a lady she worked with. I started taking them and after about a week or two, I had energy! I felt so great! It was the biggest difference for me. After a few months I was really looking forward to a new workout regimen but gladly gave it up because lo and behold... I found out that I was pregnant! It was such a great thing to feel really good and have my wish come true to be pregnant, I was just worried every minute that I was going to lose this one too. I continued taking the vitamins until I was about 12 weeks or so, I got too sick and would throw them up so I quit taking them. I carried my baby to full term, I was super sick (I was just as sick with Connor). So I spent lots of time in bed and in front, above and below the toilet. Zofran was my friend. We hope to maybe someday have another baby, but we'll just have to see what the Lord has in store for us. I don't think that I can go through many more miscarriages, I think after only one more, I'd have myself 'fixed' it's not something that I want to go through ever again, not to say that our baby boy isn't worth it, he's worth all of it. The sweet little short and squishy he is.
I don't sell USANA anymore, but I can put you in touch with someone who does, just let me know. I totally thought that this was the difference for me, because I hadn't done anything else different I was off of all of the other meds. So... for whatever it's worth... ya know!

5 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

what a great post Ter! and I love the pics!

Autumn said...

I am so excited you posted this! I have a friend who I'm going to share it with! Your short squishy baby is getting so big! He is a doll! I'm so happy for you guys! You are amazing!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Teri, I tried to check your blog awhile ago and for some reason it didn't work. So I was glad to see it did tonight. I loved seeing the pictures of Moab, I had to show Spencer because we have been craving to go! Looks like so much fun! Your blog looks great!
My heart hurts to hear all that you have been through. I had no idea. I think it is great to hear how the vitamins helped. I will keep them in mind incase I come across a friend that could use them.

Allie said...

I'm so unbelievably lucky to have such a great person as you in my life, Teri! You are amazing, and I'm so glad you had the courage to keep your beautiful family growing.

I LOVE you!

*Muah*

tiki_lady said...

you are blessed!