Thursday, February 12, 2009

I've been hearing some really crazy news this last several months, there have been several people that live around us that have had some really serious health issues and I just found out a few weeks ago that a good friend from high school has cancer (he's doing well by the way). It makes me wonder what the world is coming too or am I just getting to that age where this stuff happens? It seems like everyone is way too young to be going through this stuff. It also makes me feel like my problems are so insignificant. I complain a lot but I shouldn't, I don't have room to when I think of them and their families. They are all in our prayers, and are super troopers.

I just went to my Dr appointment yesterday. I'm 16 weeks and my ultra sound is scheduled in 5 weeks. I'm excited to see the baby growing and hopefully see that it's healthy. I was able to hear the heartbeat, with my history hearing the heartbeat every month is a great thing. The Dr said everything looks great, other than being sick. He said I could try another drug, prednisone, but it will make me balloon, like 10 lbs in 5 days, lots of water weight. I'm weighing my options. I'd never heard of that one to control nausea.

11 comments:

Mandi said...

I tell you Teri, you CAN afford to gain some weight, especially if it is going to make you feel better. Can't wait till 5 weeks, yeah!

Amy's Blog said...

I always thought prednisone was a steroid?! Would that really help with nausea? If so, and there are no side-effects (other than weight gain), then go for it!

Natelli Johnston said...

Hello

Amy Jones said...

I forgot to mention yesterday...I've done the prednisone thing. The water-weight is not fun...but if it works...

Love ya! Hope you're having a good day.

Babcock Family said...

Ya know, I was at Good Earth the other day and they have stuff to help with this kind of thing. Have you tried anything natural?

Autumn said...

Prednisone for nausea? Weird. Hope it works...I love how you're "weighing" your options. :)

Allie said...

Dear Teri,

I hate the snow, too!

But I love you.

Love your favorite 21 year-old Kirk niece,

Allie

Jen said...

Oh Teri, I can't believe you are still feeling so sick. I hope you're able to find something to make you feel better even if it does make you gain a lil weight. :( Can't wait to find out what you're having! Hope all is well and PLEASE seriously let me know if I can help you out with anything at all :)

Jody said...

Hey My Sissa!

When is your actual Due date? and how was Moab. I was hoping to see some pics here.
Love ya
Jody

Rob said...

IO love when the first trimester is over although I was sick all the way through! 16 weeks is almost your halfway point. Hang in there!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Rob said...

IO love when the first trimester is over although I was sick all the way through! 16 weeks is almost your halfway point. Hang in there!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com