Thursday, July 16, 2009

Expect the Unexpected

I wanted to go to the hospital today but not what we ended up going for.

Our sweet Connor came home from his friends house crying. He was a bit hysterical, but we got out of him that he was jumping on the trampoline and he kneed himself in the eye. Turns out he gave himself a mild concussion. He was throwing up, saying weird things and talking funny and still crying like crazy which isn't really like him. I called the Dr. they said to take him to the ER. Everything in the CT scan came back good, no broken bones around his eye and no swelling or bleeding on the brain. He slept pretty much the entire time we were there (when he wasn't throwing up). The Dr. talked about admitting him if we couldn't get him to keep water down, but they decided to just to an IV and put some phenergan in it, which is making him sleep the rest of the day. He's still complaining that his eye hurts really bad. Poor kid, I feel so bad that he's in so much pain. I've had a mild concussion before, it's not very fun. They said that he could be a little loopy for up to two weeks, so if anyone notices that he's a little loopier than normal that's why.

Hopefully we'll be back at the hospital this weekend and can come home with a baby, we'll see!

5 comments:

tiki_lady said...

oh my goodness, i have never heard of such a thing! I am so glad you took him in and he is on his way to recovery. Here is happy thoughts of you heading into the labor and delivery room.

Tia said...

Poor guy!! That's terrible! Let me know if I can do anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you this weekend!

Mads said...

goodness! how will we know if he's loopy or just goofy??? ;)....i saw sean leaving AFH yesterday when i was on my way back to work after taking someone to an appt in provo. and i knew you were delivering at timp...so i was very confused...poor connor!!!

Jason and Kristin said...

You have had your fair share of hospital visits this year. Good luck this weekend!!!!

Allie said...

Oooooh noooooo! Connor! I hope it's not too rough for him still. Having a newborn plus a rowdy toddler PLUS a loopy little boy would be quite the adventure! But if anyone can handle it, you can.

The boy is my friend Kellen. I've known him since junior high and he just got back from his mission in Mexico almost 2 months ago. He's a stud. ;)

I hope you get to have the baby soon, too! Although, I would love to see her the day she's born just like Jack and Connor, but I suppose I can't make that request of you. Haha. Love you, Teri!