Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bo-lo-lo




-From Sean
So, I went to Brigham City the other day on a search warrant, and ate lunch at Teri's favorite restaurant Maddox. Of course, being the sensitive husband that I am, I neglected to bring anything home to Teri........My bad.

To redeem myself (get out of doghouse) I wisely chose to take the family to Maddox on Saturday.

To set the scene, the family Drew arrived just beating the lunch rush and triumphantly posed in front of the huge 60's Vegas style sign which somehow denotes freshly slaughtered meat, and the best dinner rolls ever.

We entered into the building, me carrying Chloe in her car seat and Jackson in tow. We were then escorted through a maze of tables and rooms by our lovely hostess to the "Buffalo Room."

Now me being the trained observer that I am, realized Jack had suddenly developed some strong trepidation in the room. The only other table had a Norman Rockwell-esque Grandma and Grandpa, so I figured it was just another one of Jackson's maniacal two year old traits.

The hostess put a car seat carrier next to our table, where Chloe was secured. The Jackson proceeded to climb into my lap, clutching any article of clothing and chest hair like a baby Sasquatch facing discovery by armed rednecks.

Unable or unwilling to pry Jack from my chest hair, I allowed him to sit on my lap while we looked over the menu. After deciding on our delicious sustenance, I noticed Jack was staring above me at something.

I was about to ask him what he was looking at when he pointed one little finger above my head and said "Stuck!"

I then finally looked up, and realized what he was concerned about.

A HUGE, I mean HUGE Buffalo head was mounted on the wall above the table. Jack had apparently thought this gigantic, hairy, horned beast was stuck in the wall and was anticipating the imminent demise of his oblivious family members!

I of course stated the obvious saying "That is a Buffalo, Jack." Jack replied "Bo-lo-lo?" Yes, that is a Bo-lo-lo Jack.

Not completely believing me, Jack slowly released his death grip on me and started looking through the window, trying to see where the rest of the Bo-lo-lo was.

Jack then pointed out the other Bo-lo-lo's in the room, other stuffed heads, photos, carvings etc.

A few minutes later Jack was back to being his normal self, rolling around on the floor under Chloe, attempting to push open the emergency exit and making eating a full contact sport.

All in all a very good day. We then went to the Hill Air Force Base Museum and allowed Jack to run around and point out all the fascinating shiny surfaces without a care in the world, and without the fear of Bo-lo-lo's being stuck in the wall.


Of course, throughout the entire day our other son, "Connor the Magnificent" was his normal pleasant self. I really hope he rubs off on Jackson, but hey...Variety is the spice of life right?

4 comments:

Mandi said...

poor kid!! I would be terrified of the bo lo lo myself...makes you wonder what is going on in their little minds. Thank goodness mighty cop dad was there to comfort little Jack. Sounds like you had a fun day!

Jason and Kristin said...

Connor is a pleasant little guy! OK, Maddox is the BEST! Jason and I went there for our anniversary cuz we love it so much. Good choice!

Amy Jones said...

Laughing my head off. Poor Jack...thinking it was stuck in the wall!

Stormy said...

I never knew you were such a wonderful writer!! What a great description of what sounds like a wonderful day.