Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Moab Trip

We had way too much fun in Moab, we didn't want to come home. I was so proud of Connor, he told me "Mom, this is so much more fun than playing video games." He was a rock star! He rode his bike a bit on slick rock. I couldn't believe the hills he would go down, and pedal his heart out to get back up, what a beast (as aunt Brenda would say)!


I've kind-of bailed on my 5 am workouts, I decided it was just to darn early. I did get a work out though in Moab. I did the Slick Rock practice loop, it's 2.3 miles (patting self on back). This trail is CRAZY! I had a really hard time right until the very end, I think I finally got the hang of it. Now I can't wait to do it again. At the beginning my brother was trying to teach me how to do a down hill part, he was holding onto my bike, it was hilarious, I felt like I was 5, it was like he was teaching me to ride my bike all over again. Here I am right at the very end.
I felt sorry for everyone who had to wait for me. My brother and nephew are in awesome shape and were awesome to wait for me. Thanks guys!

The boys rode Gemini Bridges, it was really sandy, I wouldn't have enjoyed the ride. I drove next to them. The drive was fun. What troopers.


We wanted to take my sisters family on Fins-n-things in their new FJ Cruiser. We had lots of fun on that trail when we did it before, it's my favorite trail. We did the hard obstacles, and when it got dark, lost our way. Sean was having a blast, totally in his element, but me... not so much. I don't like not knowing where I am in the dark, the stars were amazing though. We found our way and made it back to camp by 10ish, but we missed the fun part of the trail, oh well maybe next time. It was my nephews first time off roading like that. I don't think they liked the getting lost part. Hind sight... It was lots of fun. Too short of a trip, next time we'll have to plan a longer trip.

9 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

YOU LOOK SO CUTE! how fun.

Autumn said...

Way to go biker girl! You are awesome! I am definitely not that adventurous! I always get out and walk in the steep scary parts! Love Moab though...it's my home country! :)

Jason and Kristin said...

That sounds like so much fun. What a fabulous family trip!

Teri said...

Autumn, I better add that I walked most of the way down the scary parts and of course up the steep parts, I couldn't keep my front wheel down! It was so much fun. Your Easter pics, look an awful lot like Moab! Too fun!

Jonie said...

Teri,
Moab looked like a blast! If 5:00 am is too early a few of us go to the boot camp classes at 6:00 am you would have one extra hour to sleep. Think about it!!!

Amy said...

Ben wishes I would do something this cool with him. I'm so impressed what an adventurous girl!

Natelli Johnston said...

I'm loving your tunes lady!

Chelsea said...

Hey Teri!! I finally found your blog! Wow! What a trip that was. Those are some really neat pictures. Post some pictures of your baby, I haven't seen him since he was a few weeks old. this is really great to be able to keep in touch with you.

Amy's Blog said...

You guys are so freakin cute!!! I love the new camper and I love that Connor is such a dare devil. Take me camping with you!!