Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Simple Wish

I have a simple wish today. A wish it will have to remain. I don't want to work this week and I want to be independently wealthy. Oh well, we do what we gotta do, right?

School is out on Friday. Connor will be out for the summer. He is so excited to be a first grader, he talks about it all of the time. He's excited to be able to eat lunch in school. I can't say as I blame him, I walked in the school one day at lunch time and my mouth was watering it smelled so good. Remember those delicious white rolls? Peanut butter bars? My favorite were the hot ham and cheese sandwiches that were wrapped in foil. Deeeelish! I don't really know what we are going to do for the summer. We are going to go to Colorado on an off roading expedition that Sean has planned with our brother in law. We will be camping along the way, it should be lots of fun. Other than that, I guess the annual trip to lagoon, the zoo and probably the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. I wish I could say that I'm heading to New York to see my Amy Lou Poo, but not this summer :(.

I stayed up until 2:30 last night... well, I guess this morning. I was reading a really good book, I have not been able to put it down (thanks Nat for the great read). I had to go buy the second book to the series yesterday. Barnes and Noble didn't have it, can you believe? Borders did, they always come through for me. The book is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It is so good, (and yes Amy, it is pretty graphic, that was the part I was trying to get through last night so I could close my eyes to good dreams). I'm really enjoying the story though. I guess I could have skimmed that part. The next book is Dragonfly in Amber (how cool is that name?) I'm really looking forward to it. If I could pull myself away from my blog and work for a few hours, then I'll reward myself with some reading.

I think I'm going to go try Yoga tonight. I'm a little worried about my wrist, as it is pretty stiff still, but we'll see. I've been promised that I won't pee my pants as it is a no impact workout. We shall see. I'm going at 8 if anyone wants to join me.

Another simple wish... to not pee my pants when I bounce... one day, I suppose.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

I think that I'll share that wish with you. That would be wonderful! Sounds like you have a really exciting summer planned. Keep posting so that we can see all of the fun things that you are doing!

Natelli Johnston said...

I am so glad you are blogging again. how is the book?

Autumn said...

Loved your smooth moves today! You are so funny! Here's to hoping that Conner's excitment over school will rub off on Jace...he doesn't like to be away from home for that long! :( I think I'll have to check out the books you are reading...they sound really good. Thanks again for the bread! You are awesome! It was YUM!

tammy said...

It does sound like a fun summer. Yoga sounds so great! I love yoga. I secretly think that if I did it everyday it would solve all my problems.

Aubri n Scott said...

Teri you make me smile! Thanks for your thoughts! I have a lot of simple wishes! Sometimes I think that being wealthy comes at a high price, so I am ok with struggling through financially... I guess.

Jason and Kristin said...

Dude, I'm with ya on peeing pants! Thanks again for the circus peanuts...you made my day. I'm a huge fan of the peanut butter bars. The day I figured out how to make them was such a happy day!

The White Wash said...

How are you??? I love seeing what you are up to. I just got in the mail "DragonFly Amber". I heard it is not as sexy as the first. love and miss ya. Miss

Amy's Blog said...

How was yoga? Was I right about the peeing? Hopefully....

tiki_lady said...

Teri, ok now I have to read that book. Another thing you will notice is that I have to comment on every single entry. I'm freaky like that!