
I have all the gear so now I need to learn to do it. Sean took me to Lambert Park Sat. morning for my first time doing some single track trails. We met our friend Ian who is a 'wicked awesome beast' when it comes to mountain biking. We just stayed on a beginner trail, it was still a little scary in some parts, like in the parts that are set up for a sweet jump. I don't jump yet. And when you are traversing through some really close trees, I got a little bark bite on my arm. And the part with the skinny little bridge with hand rails where my handle bar caught the hand rail and my wheel went in between the rungs. It was pretty awesome. I only fell once because I couldn't get my foot out of the clipless pedal thing, it was a graceful fall, I must say. It was so much fun. I can't wait to go again. We are shooting for Wed. after Sean gets home from work then again on Sat. If anyone wants to join us, let us know, it's sooooo much fun! (nudge nudge Amy J.).
P.S. that picture is totally me before I shaved Sat. morning. Isn't it sweet that I'm bankin' it?


8 comments:
You are quite the little adventurer lately!! So brave.
Informing me that my husband is a "wicked awesome beast" isn't really helping me feel like hitting the mountain with him...:) I need to go with someone else who will fall down and scrape themselves up. Oh...sounds like I need to go with you!!! :) One of these days, Teri, one of these days. I think I need the cool gear, too.
Teri..you crack me up! I am laughing so hard thinking of you only falling once..and gracefully no less! You are such a brave girl. I'm not a fan of biking...I think I'm too girly. Even our Sunday family bike rides I'm at the back of the pack riding at a slow safe pace! Be SAFE!! :)
woah! you are awesome, like I didn't already know that! I love how you tell of your adventures. I could totally visualize every moment! LOL, funny funny!
WOW! Good for you.
I better stick to the 4 wheeler:)
that sounds so dangerous! biking works muscles i am not used to using, that's for sure. i can speed walk 10 miles with no problem, but biking is a whole different story. last time i biked a few miles, when i got off my bike i could barely walk for a second. my legs were all stiff and weird-feeling.
You know how awesome you are, don't you? I love that you are learning!!! Mountain biking is so much fun and yet I haven't gone since I moved to Colorado... so sad. And I even have a great trail 2 minutes from my house. Ever since Spence almost biked into a baby bear I have been scared to go. I love this picture!
How FUN!!! K, but how does one toughen up their toosh enough to handle the bumps?? I've been going on the road with a padded seat cover AND Jeff's padded biking shorts and I'm still smarting!!
Post a Comment