Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Still Have a Headache!

Two nights ago I was picking up toys before bed. I guess I was a little to close the the handrail by the stairs, and I must have been trying to do the Elle Woods (from Legally Blond) flip and pop or something. I hit the very top of my head on that rail so hard. It hurts to lift my eyebrows. Sheesh, leave it to me.

I've been simply amazed lately watching my boys. They are growing up so fast, it seems like if I blink they grow. I love watching Jackson play with his toys, he knows how they work and he knows how to make them do what he wants them to do. We have one of the old Fisher Price Garages sitting next to his toys, he uses it as a chair to play with other things or look in his toy box, it's so funny. And Connor I'm amazed with, he is doing so well in school. We went to parent teacher conference a few weeks ago and his teacher said that he is a 'model student'. It makes me so happy, because I SO wasn't. He is reading so well and he's understanding his homework. He can sit down and do his homework by himself, he reads the instructions and does it. I'm totally amazed. I'm such a happy mom to have such a beautiful and wonderful family.

We found out the other day that a guy that Sean works with is taking a few weeks off work to spend them with his 9 year old son, for the last few days of his life. He was diagnosed with leukemia two and a half years ago, he was given 8 months back then, so they were blessed to have some extra time, but now isn't responding to therapy. I simply can't imagine losing one of my children. I sometimes wonder if I'd be able to go on? I'm sure I'd trudge through, but it would crush me. I am grateful for the gospel and I'm grateful that I'm sealed to my family for all of eternity. It's such a comfort to know that I'd be able to be with them again. Their family is in our thoughts and prayers.

On much happier note. It's my friend Mandy W's birthday today! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDY! I hope you have a super happy day today and I think that you should celebrate all weekend long.

9 comments:

Aubri n Scott said...

Teri, I am so sorry you hit your head! That sucks! That is sad about Sean's coworker, I wouldn't know what to do either. I worry everytime Kylie gets in the car.
Good luck with your headache! at least you didn't break anything!

Autumn said...

This goes under the "smooth moves by Teri" category! :) I'm having a hard time imagining how you did that! You boys are adorable! Glad Conner is loving school so much! Sad about Seans coworker! I don't know how people deal with things like that! :(

Jason and Kristin said...

So did it leave a big old goose egg? You poor little lamb.

AMY MICHELLE said...

I hate hearing sad stories about little ones, I can't imagine going through that! It is truly wonderful to have the knowledge of the gospel though. I hope Sean's coworker is comforted at this time:)

Hope your head feels better... too bad you did have it recorded, you could have won some bucks on America's Funniest Video.

tiki_lady said...

that is so sad for Sean's co worker! My heart broke when I read that. I pray I never have to carry that cross. I love how you enjoy motherhood. Those young years go by so quickly! seriously they do.
I miss them.

tiki_lady said...

Teri, you bonked your head pretty good! I know I should sympathize but instead I laugh. LOL
Just know that it is a sympathetic laugh, k?? sorry it hurts so.

Jonie said...

Have you washed your hair yet? You would not believe how bad that hurts when you have bonked your head.

Sorry to hear about Sean's co-worker, it is sooo fast how our lives can change.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Teri, hope your headache is better.
I do not like hurts. In fact they stink.

Amy's Blog said...

Ouch Lou Poo! Nice coordination! I hit my head all the time too, cuz it's real big. I hit my butt all the time too...cuz it's real big!