Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Connor's Daddy is a Police Man

I didn't mean to get all of those pictures, just the one on the right, it's from the Sandy City Police website. That may actually be him undercover in the McGruff costume busting some druggie kids, who knows?

Sean was able to take off work early on Friday. He really wanted to take Connor to go see Iron Man. He talked his Sergeant into going with them (he only has girls and doesn't have an excuse to go see comic book movies). Sean called me when I was walking out the door to go get Connor from school and said that he'd pick him up. Connor was so excited that Dad picked him up from school in the police car. He was grabbing all of his friends saying "That's my Dad" and they all got excited to see a police officer at their school. It's funny how excited the kids get until Sean actually talks to them when he's in uniform. A few weeks ago one of Connor's friends was over and his friend wouldn't talk to him, he just looked at him. After Sean was changed into normal clothes he would talk to him just fine, it's funny. I guess a 6'5" man in a uniform could be pretty intimidating especially to a little boy. Back to the movie... they loved the movie they both want to go again. Sean said it was one of the best comic book movies, it was better than Transformers (I thought Transformers was really good, so I'm going to have to see Iron Man).

Sean was out at the FARM today, he's a firearms instructor. He always comes home from that place with simmunition bullet mess all over his clothes and welts all over his body. He's an instructor so he has to play the bad guy. He thinks it's a ton of fun... what ever toots your horn, right? One of todays welts actually needed a band aid, what the crap? That does not seem fun to me. So now he really will have a scar from a bullet wound I guess. Oh well, scars are sexy.

6 comments:

Amy Jones said...

I seriously LOVE that Connor was so excited to show off his daddy! That was totally heart-warming. These are the moments you need to remember for when he's a teenager and thinks his parents are geeks. :)
BTW...if I ever need someone to intimidate my children into behaving can I borrow tall, uniformed Sean? ha ha

Autumn said...

I'm with Amy..I'm thinking if my child ever decides to 'lift' something from the store again I'll call big bad Sean to come on over!! I love that Conner is so proud! So cute! When Camry was little she told everyone her dad was a 'fixer' cause he carried a hammer! :)

Natelli Johnston said...

smooth Ter, you are incredibly smooth. YOu know I think sometimes I have spelled your name wrong and I am so sorry! love ya lady!

Chelsea said...

That is so cute that Connor was so excited to show his Daddy off! That just makes me want to cry. He has a great Dad!

Amy's Blog said...

Ohmy, Dan would be so jealous of the firearms training! Next time we are in town, we must organize a play date for them...then we can go shopping!

tiki_lady said...

Dang, I love a man in uniform. Mr. Incredible just has to play dress up. LOL. That fire arms training is so rad!(yeah, so I just dated myself, I'm over 30 -deal wit it, I did!) I would love that! Dash is 7 and he has a friend who's dad is an officer. He is the same way.