Thursday, May 1, 2008
Is it stupidity?
Because of a particular situation, which I will not name to protect the innocent and ridiculous, I am remembering what it was like to be a teenager and thinking that what you have right then is more important than anything else in your life, like perhaps a boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm not remembering any particular instance, but I sure remember the feeling of thinking that this is what is the most important to me right now and poo poo on the rest of the people that revolve around me. Sean once threw a tennis ball at his little bro and his brother said "What was that for?" Sean said "I just wanted to see if it would go in orbit around you." Is it stupidity or selfishness? Because sometimes you just don't want to let down who you think is your 'significant other'. It's funny the choices that you make at that age (for me anyway) I look back on and cringe thinking "that was such a horrible decision" and then you feel like you really need to apologize to the people that you've hurt. I missed out on so many things because I thought that a stupid boy was more important than my family or friends. To this date, I've only met one boy that really is worth missing anything for, but the one that is worth it doesn't want me to miss out on anything and supports me by either being there with me or telling me that it's important to go, or just simply understands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I can very much relate to your post and I think we have to go through some stupid boys to really appreciate the one worth missing anything for. Isn't it great we found them!
So I think we are going to stop in Moab on our way to Utah to bless Evan. But it will probably be only for a day and not as much fun with a tiny baby. Though I think the girls will love it. It will be around June 12th, if you guys could come down we would love it. If not we really should plan to meet some time.
oh what a sweet post ter! I love that you and sean support one another in everything. you are a great match.
Teri...I finally was able to pull up your blog and I spent forever reading your amazing posts. You are totally one of my favorite people! Thanks for sharing because you not only make me feel like I might be somewhat normal, you are also very uplifting! LOVE YA!
Such a great post! Teenagers really are so self involved! I'm so afraid to have one! Whenever I think back on my past and have regrets...I just think it must be something that we all have to go through! ~You could be like Natelli and apologize on your confession corner to all the people whose coffee you poisoned with WORMS! :) (still laughing about that)
You're totally right! I think almost all of us can read that post and think, "that was me at that age." I guess it's just a part of growing up. I think that most of us can think of ourselves being teenagers and say, "Who the crap was that?" Good thing that we grow up and though hindsight is 20/20 you don't remember all of those intense, selfish feelings that surrounded your life at the time.
hey lady! I get to make calls today, yip-ip-eeeeeeeeeeeee! Hey I looked up the profile on your friend amy, did you notice what her favorite book is?
I love all your new posts! Yes, we all go through phases where we learn valuable lessons about life and hopefully our true friends will stick by us and love us even more. The problem is when we don't learn from our mistakes and you my dear are such an amazing friend that you must have learned from all of yours!!
I hate thinking back and thinking of all the things i missed because I was so self involved and trying to get the attention of a boy. I am learning that we couldn't really help it. Puberty sucks. You shouldn't be able to make any decisions during it.
Post a Comment