Thursday, July 10, 2008

$150 Straightening Iron???

I went to the mall tonight, this girl at a little kiosk grabbed me and sat me down and started using a straightening iron on my hair, I told her that I have one already, she kept trying to sell it to me. I asked how much it was and she told me it was $250. I laughed and she quickly said that they are having a promo, I asked how much she said $150, I laughed again. She asked me how much I'd pay for one, I said MAYBE $50, she started shaking her head and said "oh no, I couldn't do that" Like I was going to buy one anyway. After walking around the mall and then going home, I'm thinking that this iron is the greatest thing EVER, and I might just need one. I wonder how much they would go down on the price, I know they wouldn't do $50 (do they think we are in Mexico?, I don't get the changing price, and in the mall?) I don't even know what kind it was or what the little name of the kiosk was, but it was so nice, my hair is so soft and luscious tonight. I came home and tried to do the curls with mine and then straighten it again, it was a big negatory good buddy, now I have this nice kink in my lovely soft hair.

9 comments:

Autumn said...

You are so funny Teri! That Kiosk lady drives me nuts...she has tried to straighten my hair a billion times! But seriously...the price is outrageous! So funny she was willing to let you bargain with her! Maybe if you hold out for a few days she'll come beggin...like a car salesman...hehe

Jonie said...

We definitely needed a visual picture of the kinks. You can't tell a story like that and not have a picture he he he

Mads said...

DUDE!! mine was like $30 and i got it from amanda when she was going to beauty school! you should seriously just try to get the one i have....i bet sally's or somewhere sells them....i LOVE mine!!! it's a cricket

Teri said...

Mads, I already HAVE one like yours, that's why I'm so lame-o. I really was going to go get it, but decided that I don't need one, my hair is already straight even without a flat iron. My credit card is already out of controlio.

Natelli Johnston said...

haha that is soo funny, what is even funnier is that you came home and started considering it!

Mindy said...

Get a Chi on ebay! That's what I did. It was alot cheaper than that one in the mall. Come over I'll let you try it.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Oh Teri,
You are so funny!
I would love a picture.
The reunion is the 2nd weekend of Sept. Cheryl said she told you the wrong date.
We would so love to see you.

Jason and Kristin said...

I say go for it! If you have a good hair day then all is right in the world. So what's $150 if it makes us feel happy :)

tiki_lady said...

a good iron is essential especially for hair like mine and my girls. WE went to visit my sil and her friend is a hair dresser. She bought a straightening iron for $150 or maybe it was more but through her friend you could get it for $100. I WANTED that thing like yesterday, she didn't have extras and had to order it. I went to SALLY's beauty supply and bought an iron by j'bere. ceramic plates, 450 degrees. LOVE it! I can have my hair done in 15 min as opposed to an hour. I believe it cost around $100 but it was on sale, I paid somewhere around $80