Sock Monkeys have been attacking our house for the last week or so. Now I can start cleaning them up HOORAY! I finished the quilt a few days ago, it's found its home on Connor's bed. I just finished the pillow case and it's in the dryer even as I type. I'm pretty excited about this one. It's the first twin quilt I've made and I even stippled it all by myself on my ancient machine good ole' Berni, she did a great job for me. I learned a great trick from my sister in law about basting. Get the craft spray. I just got the Elmers Craft Bond. Spray it on what you want to stick it to and it sticks, the stuff for fabric doesn't work worth beans (do beans really not work, Amy J, where does that saying come from?) It worked great! I'm pleased with my craftiness. It's a good thing my niece is having a baby soon, and I can make another quilt. I'd hate to lose my new skills.
Update: Here's the pillow case and the bed all made. Yay for sock monkeys!


13 comments:
that is soo cure Teri, good job. you have inspired me and I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited you are coming to the party!
That is an ADORABLE quilt! I really need to get my new sewing machine so I can be cool like you, Holly, and Autumn and do my own stipling. I'm jealous.
So, I'm thinking your "work worth beans" comes from the phrase "not worth a hill of beans" used to describe something as worthless, or useless. From the era when many households grew their own food, everyone had plenty of beans, therefore they were not a highly prized commodity. So the fabric spray isn't worth a hill of beans, I guess. :)
So cute! And I'll bet he loves it.
Angie just made a most adorable quilt. I hope she puts in on our craft blog. Do you want to put yours on it also?
PS
I just enlarged it, oh my heck, it is to die for.
That really does look so cute!!! great job!! Looks even cuter on the bed with the pillow case.
I have an old bernina also it does wonders. Those machines are built like rocks!! gotta love 'em!
So cute! My boys want me to make a comforter for them. You are my inspiration.
Oh. My. Gosh.
Teri, you truly are a domestic goddess! It is the most adorable bedspread I have ever laid eyes on!
Oh, and by the way.. Haha! Actually, we are going to be in the San Juan Islands on the 2nd... or Victoria. BUT We are going to try and visit Forks on the way home. I'm excited. I don't know if we are going to buy our books there or not.. That would we be sa-weet!
Teri! You are mollified! I love it. I am sooo jealous of your talent. Hmmmm.... I'm not having a baby but i could still use a quilt. What if I lied and said I was. I could borrow one, if that would help.!
Sock monkey...that is a fabulous idea. I have a pair of slippers that look like that. Maybe Conner will want to borrow them to match his room? Good job!
I am impressed! What a darling quilt! I keep telling myself one of these days I am going to learn how to sew. something maybe I will save to do when my kids are all in school. (love that fabric)
Teri that is awesome! I love it! I'm over here giving myself a heart attack trying to do my quilt and I live right next to a professional! Sheesh! Who knew! You did a great job!!
Post a Comment