Tuesday, January 6, 2009

School Is Back In Session!

I miss my little buddy Connor while he's at school. He had a really fun Holiday break, two whole weeks off. He played with his friends every single day. He played out in the snow a lot. I'm loving that they have this much snow to play in. Last year I told Sean that I remember walking home from school climbing the snowbanks. We hadn't had any big snowbanks until this year, and they kids have been having so much fun climbing up and sledding and building with them. Connor had tons of fun being pulled on his sled behind our neighbors 4-wheeler, they wanted to do it again the next day but school was starting so JR helped them go out with a bang.

I'm loving nap time again. I'm sitting here in silence listening to the clicking of the keyboard, hum of the computer, ticking of the clock and that is all I hear, it's wonderful. I love quiet time.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I am having my first quiet time as well, since Ry has preschool on T and TH. It is glorious!!

Natelli Johnston said...

I can't wait till I get quiet time again. 2 kids that don't have naps really bites the big one.

AMY MICHELLE said...

We loved being in Utah for all that great snow!

We thought Kayla started school back Monday, but to our surprise she had two more days of vacation. So tomorrow will be the bitter sweet day of her back... I look forward to quiet time:) I love it too!

Autumn said...

I told Angie that JR get's the dad of the year award for pulling our kids around for hours on end in the freezing cold! Lucky you for quiet time!!

Chelsea said...

I felt the same way today too! I loved having her home for 2 weeks. It was so fun to just hang out. However, today, I really enjoyed a quiet nap time.

tiki_lady said...

I love it when my kids are home with me too! we had a holiday today and contemplated letting them stay home one more day.