Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Crazy Bowling


STRIKE! I bowled better with a broken arm, crazy bowling than I do normal bowling. I bowled 4 strikes that game I think. Crazy Bowling is fun enough, I think it's even better with a broken arm. My family likes to bowl, but I think regular bowling is so boring. My brother taught us all to crazy bowl, it is one of my favorite things to do when we are all together, the kids can even do it. Here is how you do it.

Crazy Bowl Instructions

Scoring for crazy bowl is similar to traditional bowling, except where noted. Each frame presents a different challenge. Use the list below or make up your own. You may want to bring a pair of dice, a pair of mittens, and a blindfold with you.


Frame 1 - Have someone stand in front on you, legs spread. Roll the ball through their legs.

Frame 2 - Bowl with eyes closed or blindfolded.

Frame 3 - Bowl wearing fingerless mittens (not gloves, in other words). Oven mitts would really up the challenge.

Frame 4 - If you're a righty, bowl with your left hand. If your a lefty, bowl with your right hand.

Frame 5 - Sit on the floor and bowl by pushing the ball forward with your feet.

Frame 6 - Roll a pair of dice. If you get that score on your first roll, it counts as a strike.

Frame 7 - Bowl in slow motion.

Frame 8 - Get someone else in the bowling alley, who is not with your group, to bowl one frame for you.

Frame 9 - Bowl backwards, either between your legs or in whatever other way you can manage.

Frame 10 - Spin in circles five times and then bowl immediately.

Some of the frames we make stuff up if we don't want to do that particular one. We've done a pro bowler form (when you kick your leg up behind you at the end) We do the Fred Flintstone (walking on your toes as many times as you can before you swing your ball)... some other ideas are: Bowl on one foot.

Predict the score of your first roll. If you get it, it counts as a strike.

Lay on your stomach and bowl.

Sit on someone's knee and bowl.

Have two people roll the ball at one time.

Have each person make up a challenge before starting the game.

It's fun you should do it!

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I love bowling so this will maybe make Jake like it to.

Autumn said...

That sounds like so much fun! We are going to try this the next time we go for sure! ...did you know Bryan has a bowling team? They're all serious...I think it will be fun to spice it up!

Amy Jones said...

We are TOTALLY doing this! I love the picture of you triumphantly brandishing your broken arm! Thanks for providing the instructions.

Amy said...

So fun - We love to bowl and we're definitely doing this!

Aubri n Scott said...

So, how did you break your arm? I am so confused? Oh the bowling looks great!

Mindy said...

Sounds fun! I will try it next time we go. Oh and by the way Princess Aurora is Sleeping Beauty's real name. She also goes by Briar Rose. But I wouldn't expect you to know that. I'm sure you don't have too many princess movies around your house.

Mads said...

CA-YUTE background! i love that you put crazy bowling on here! haha...that was fun!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Oh my goodness, you are so fun!
What great entertainment!

tiki_lady said...

This is so fun and it sounds exactly what our family would do, you know just to anty up the competition level. We are so going to try this the next time we bowl. I am with aubri and scott. how did you break your arm and why have you not blogged about it?>?? Not that you are one arm short or anything.

Mandi said...

This would make for a great date night...anyone up for a couples crazy bowling night?

Stacey said...

Teri,
Glad to hear from you, thanks for the posts! I snooped on your book club site, how awesome! I'm in a book club with ladies I live by and I'm going to suggest it to them and our fellow blog readers! We've read a few of the books you had on your site! We just read Push Not the River and it was really good, we're reading the Host this month, but my favorite would have to be These is my words!

The White Wash said...

Sounds fun. I wish I could do it with ya. Miss ya, Missy

AMY MICHELLE said...

I think we are going to have to try this thing you call Crazy Bowling! Sounds like a blast. What on earth happened to your arm? You are pretty talented to bowl so well in a cast!

Natelli Johnston said...

you changed your blog all up, super cute! crazy bowling looks crazy fun, we need to frolic in the yard again.

Allie said...

Wow! Look how popular your blog is, Teri! 14 comments! Now 15.

Yeah, i figures that you would do better with some crazy impossible way of bowling than regular bowling.
By the way, your background is thuper cute! Oh, and yep yep - you DID send me the pictures! haha All that begging and I haven't even started yet. Mostly because I can't even sit at my desk because my room is ridiculously messy.

AMY MICHELLE said...

Ya know, it is so great that we both love the same things! I wish we were closer to Moab so we could meet up with you guys.

That hike to the waterfall is off the road Millcreek and then Power House Rd. I learned about the hike through some locals years ago. The canyon forks off, stay to the left, it is not that far. Have a blast, can't wait to see pictures!