Tuesday, July 15, 2008
I think I just saved Sean's life
I'm so glad that I just got CPR, First Aid certified on the 4th. Sean's little brother teaches the classes and got all of his family certified. Tonight Sean was choking on some pop corn. I was laying in bed listening to my iPod, dozing. I thought someone let in some weird barking dog, I was getting out of bed to go see, and Sean was at the foot of the bed making the weird barking noise. I jumped up and busted over to give him abdominal thrusts. I did it twice and he started breathing again. It was scary, but I'm so glad that I just learned how to do it and I didn't freak out and wonder what I was supposed to do. I got certified with my kids in mind, I'd been worried about helping them. I didn't realize I would need to save the popcorn eating cop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Holy Cow Teri!!! Now I know who to call when I'm choking on my popcorn at night! Ha! Awesome! You're a hero! :)
SOOOO scary! Thank goodness for CPR classes! You just never know when it will come in hand! I think this will make me a little more paranoid when my kids eat popcorn, which is a few times a week. I need to freshen up on my CPR.
Thats awesome!! You really are a hero!!
I am glad you were able to do that! you are awesome
Good for you! After I had Adri I vowed to always be certified and it has come in handy many a times with our family. It's nice to feel like you are some-what prepared if something were to happen.
Glad you were there to help him. He owes you big time and be sure to mother him and tell him to eat more slowly. You weren't going to steal his popcorn, or were you?
Wow!!!! Good job!! that is scary!
You are amazing. Was Sean so thankful for you. He owes you big time now :)
scary! i can't tell you how many times i nearly choked to death on dang popcorn. that stuff is just dangerous. but tastes so good darn it.
You totally did save his life. He owes you...forever. :)
Post a Comment