Sunday, July 20, 2008
I think I've got RA
Don't people with anorexia look in the mirror and see someone fat, even if they don't have an ounce on them. I think I'm a little reverse of that. Do you ever look in the mirror at yourself and think "hmmm, really, it isn't so bad, of course I could improve a little, but overall it's alright."? Then you see a picture of yourself or catch a view of something you haven't seen in a while and go "What the crap! I thought it wasn't that bad, just this morning." I think I have reverse anorexia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
You are so cute, I am with you on that one, I walk up to a store and just about pass out, when I see that plump little lady in the window, looking back at me.
You are killing me! I've so done that almost every time I see a full body picture of myself. I think, hey, I can still squeeze into my pants so that's good enough. Who cares what's hanging over them!!! Conner was so cute in primary today. Jason and I taught their class and he was adorable.
I know what you mean. My bedroom mirror is nice to me and then when I see my reflection in a window or see a picture of me I wonder "Who is that?" Doesn't look how I feel, but it must be me. You'll look back in about 20 years and wonder why you thought you weren't in great shape when you were in your 30'--because you really were.
I actually think you look GREAT but now you know why I usually try to avoid any and all pictures. Very, very rarely am I in front of a camera. I hate that moment of "Oh crap!". But such is my life.
this post is so funny because it's so true. why are the true things the funniest? probably because this is one of those things people think but don't say? LOL...i have felt this way so many times...and that's how the scale just keeps creeping up!!! i keep thinking "hey i look good, i don't have to worry about what i eat."...and then the next thing i know i'm up 5 pounds and my jeans are digging into my waist and my bra is leaving a red ring around me. LOL- actually not LOL, more like LTTT (laughing through the tears) ha!
Oh my gosh, you are so stinkin' funny! Truly, I do have this. There has to be a medical term for it. I have been thin all my life, so I see a thin person in the mirror, then pictures come and I tear every single one of them up and go into denial mode. (outta sight outta mind) Love the post!
Teri..you make me laugh!! FYI I think you look fabulous!!
I have this condition as well. I look in the mirror everyday to get ready, and I swear I am not as fat as I am in pictures. So I am convinced that the camera adds pounds and only around my gut and face, because I am not that fat he he he
Hahaha!!! At least RA makes you feel BETTER about yourself, which is good. And, I still think that that bad photo was a product of the roller coaster and not your actual body. How's that for being an RA enabler!
Post a Comment