Monday, July 21, 2008

Pumping Gas Tip


I have a tip for pumping gas that can improve your MPG, I think we all want more of that right now. Sean heard this tip from a lady that works for the Govt. in Weights and Measurements or something like that. Anyway... if you pump the gas on the slowest notch you will get more actual gas in your tank. If you pump on the fastest, you pump more air into your tank. We tried it and we got 4 miles per gal. better... I was super excited and wanted to share with all the world.

10 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Thanks Teri,
Not that I want to go fill up my tank, but I am excited to try this.

Natelli Johnston said...

that is awesome!

tiki_lady said...

I received an email listing a lot of things to do. Like not allowing your gas tank to go completely empty, filling up early in the morning or late at night and not when it is extremely hot because gasoline and the fumes expand so you get less in your tank. Same line as to filling up on the first notch. I'm glad it worked for you. I never kept tract.

AMY MICHELLE said...

Great tip! Anything to help these days get the most for what we pay. It is soooo painful to fill-up and I don't think the problem is going away anytime soon, if ever. Thank you!

Chelsea said...

OH! That is great news! I am excited to tell my husband next time he fills up the car. Thanks.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the great TIP. I also heard that you should never fill your tank if the tanker truck is refilling the gas station reservoir, it mixes up all the sediment in the tank and then you put that in your tank. Not good

Aubri n Scott said...

Hooray! We all know we could use this right now!

Jason and Kristin said...

Jason thanks you for this little tip. He is obsessed with our mpg.

AMY MICHELLE said...

Okay Teri, the first memory of you, I remember, is you and Ashley Sanderson and I think a girl name Brooke practicing Up Town Girls skit for junior high. ( let me know if my memory is off ) I also remember going to your Dad's house and thinking how lucky you were he had a pool. It looked like so much fun.

Autumn said...

Awesome! I'm doing this from now on! Sean is always full of good info!