I was hugging my boys this morning and all of the sudden I was overcome by this huge feeling of gratitude that about had me in tears. I began thinking about what caused this feeling to come over me and I realized all that I have been given in my life and now I'm over flowing with love for my Heavenly Father for what he has given me.
My boys are a huge blessing to me. When you think about all that it takes to even make a baby (taking Anatomy in college helped me to realize that it is truly a miracle for even a healthy woman to conceive, let alone myself who has several things going against me). I am grateful for the problems that I've had conceiving because I can understand others who have a hard time and I so appreciate what I do have.
I have such an amazing husband who I've been lucky to have been married to for 8 years. I still get butterfly's when he kisses me and sometimes when he looks at me. He is such a great partner for me. He is really great at communication, honestly, we never fight, which is so refreshing to me. I feel so blessed that he is the father to our boys. He is an amazing father to them and I appreciate all that he takes the time to teach them and spending time with them, it's so fun to see them laughing together and loving each other. I love that Sean is a hard worker and a hard player too. I love him so much and thank my lucky stars everyday for him.
I have a wonderful family. My mom is so beautiful and she would do anything for me, I can always feel the love that she has for me. My Dad would also do anything for me and I'm so glad that he is able to see my boys grow up and have a relationship with them. My siblings are so much fun, I'm the baby and still feel like it around them, they all take care of me. My sister is one of my best friends, though I know she is really busy with her business when I call her she drops everything to talk to me, I love her so much. I don't know what I'd do with out her.
I have wonderful friends, I feel so lucky to have them. It is so nice that when I feel alone they are always there for me, and know me so well they know just what to say to make me feel loved and help me to make things better, or just know when to listen.
We totally lucked out with buying our home when and where we did. When you move to a place you can't pick your neighbors and if I could have picked, these are the neighbors I would have picked. Our ward is awesome, I have made some really good friends and I'm so glad that there are so many good little kids for Connor to play with.
We have been lucky to be able to acquire the material things that we have that make our life fun and easier. I'm so blessed to live where I do, have been raised the way I have, made the mistakes that I have, had the experiences that I've had, good and bad, because it has all made me who I am and I'm so happy that I am who I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
You do have handsome boys!!
Very nice Teri! I love ya! I am so glad you are my friend. I love that feeling of gratitude when you look at the loved ones in your life. I needed this blog today, I am struggling with my kids today and I just needed to be reminded of how grateful I am for them. Thank you!
Teri, you are truly one of the most fun, happy, inspiring people I know! You always manage to make life sound so amazingly wonderful...and it truly is. Thank you for reminding me of my own blessings! I really should spend a little more time looking at the glass that is half full! (Oh, and I talk with exclamation points too.)
Oh Teri, what a great post! (it's about time you posted!) you are so awesome, I just love ya! last night was so fun. I am so glad you are my neighbor and my buddy, maybe we should frolic tonight!
Teri, I loved your blog! As I read your blog my blog was open with Martina McBride's song, I have been blessed playing. It me a bit weepy. Great post!
I can totally relate to the gratitude for children. Of course we don't love our children anymore than anyone else but I do think that you have a special appreciation for something that you had to work really hard for! Thanks for being so optimistic and happy. Thank goodness for Conner and blogging those two things have allowed me to get to know you and you are fabulous!
Such a great post! I'm so thankful that you moved in behind us! You guys are the greatest neighbors! We love Conner and are so glad that he and Jace can play together! Teri..you are inspiring! I've never seen you be anything other than sweet and happy and I love that about you!
Oh, Teri. I love you!
Teri, I need a POST!!
I love this post! Life is all about your attitude and you have always had a great attitude, which is why I love you sooo much! (that, and you make me laugh)
Post a Comment